Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm leaving on a jet plane


This morning Justin left to go to Idaho with
my parents. As I was helping him get dressed, he asked me

J: “Mommy, you know that thing
at the airport that they stick your
stuff through?”
Me: “You mean the metal
detector?”
J: “Yeah, what does that thing do?”
Me: “Well it’s to make sure that nobody
brings weapons onto the plane. You know
like guns and knifes”
J: “Oh.”

So that was the end of the conversation. 20 minutes later we go downstairs and he sees his backpack and I tell him that I’ve put a couple of new surprises inside for him to open on the plane. Of course he is super excited about this. He walks off to wash his hands, and gets halfway across the room before turning to me and saying, “ there’s no guns in there right?”

I love this precious little boy. I am sad and proud that he is mature enough to go on this trip without me. He’s growing up way too fast. I am thankful for moments like this when I realize how innocent he is that he thinks that all guns are plastic toys for little boys. I know that he won’t be like this for long, and I treasure these special moments. I love you Justin. Have a wonderful time, and know that I'm missing you every second.

9 comments:

Sheryl said...

What a sweetie! I remember a two year old keeping his parents hopping at church...my how he has grown!! We are up and blogging too! sherylrussellholmes.blogspot.com come and visit!
Miss you!

Eve said...

Wow, what a big kid! I hope he has fun and that you live it up with just two again for a few days. :)

Amanda said...

How adorable! I love the comments kids make, they bust me up! Wow...he is going on a plane without you, he is big!

Unknown said...

That is so hysterical! We are really enjoying having Justin here! Last night he did break dancing for us. I couldn't quite convince him to do the booty dance, though.

I wish all of you were here, too!

Sheryl said...

Thank you both for visiting my blog and leaving your love! Nazar, thank you for your sweet words. It means alot coming from a great man who is young enough to be my son! You know I love all 5 of you!!!

Unknown said...

How cute! He is such a good boy!

Tonya said...

Deanne...

That pic of him is so priceless!

You are such a sweet mom...those boys ar eso lucky to have you (& Nazar too)...you are doing a great job and they are going to be awesome guys when they grow up...may I reserve them for my 3 little girls???

xoxo

Tonya

Jaime said...

So cute! We can't wait till he gets back so we can play.

The Cardenas Clan said...

Oh goodness, I can't imagine Avery ever getting to that stage. She just seems so little and I can't think of her growing up! Sounds like it would be a fun trip with Grandma and Grandpa!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!