Thursday, May 8, 2008

Dawson

I've been looking back over past blog entries and realized that in typical middle child fashion, Dawson has been getting jipped of facetime on our blog lately. So this post is all about him.


Wow, what can I say about Dawson?! If I had to describe him in one word, it would be spunky. This little guy has more spunk that I know what to do with. Dawson is such a free spirit, and cannot stand anyone messing up his plans. He is way too familiar with the word 'no' and doesn't hesitate to use it in any situation. Most of the time he really wants to say yes, but since it wasn't his idea to begin with, the answer has to be no. Dawson is a button pusher. He knows exactly what buttons to push with each family member to get a reaction. He also knows how to turn on the charm. I hear "mommy, I love you." about 10 times a day, and it never stops melting my heart. Although he just turned 2 in January, Dawson has been talking for ages, and can communicate his thoughts and wants very well. Last night we took him to get ice cream, and after finishing his own ice cream, he reaches over and takes my ice cream. When I reach for it back, he looks me in the eye and says, "Mommy, don't think about it."

I love this kid. He adds so much flavor to our family. Plus I think I can give him most of the credit for me being able to lose my pregnancy weight so quickly! Thanks for keeping me on my toes Dawson.

6 comments:

The Cardenas Clan said...

OH my gosh, I love the ice cream comment! Did it happen to be yogurlicious???

Sheryl said...

Well you know this little boy already has stolen my heart. thank you so much for those Sundays when I got to have "my Dawson" snuggles, singing to him, and loving on him. This is one terrific boy, with a terrific momma!

Eve said...

That is super cute. Your boys are all so cute!

Julie said...

Oh DeAnne, he's a doll. You can see his spirit through those eyes.

Caroline Haring said...

Hi Deanne!
I just LOVE having Dawson in Nursery. He's such a good boy. His big smile and curly hair just melt my heart every Sunday. Take care!

Nate said...

He is adorable! I'm pretty sure he and my Brooke are would get along great

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!