Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Nazar got up with the kids in the morning, so I think I might have had 8 hours of continuous sleep. (a miracle in my life!) Then Nazar and the boys made me breakfast in bed! I had french toast, my favorite!! Justin gave me this precious gift that he had made



I love that this sweet gift captures him, so that I can always remember what he looks like this mother's day.

Nazar brought this home for me


I love this! I think this is an ingenious idea. Instead of flowers, which are beautiful, they have fruit flower arrangements which are both beautiful and delicious! Plus it has chocolate covered stawberries, and that makes it perfect! Nazar got major brownie points for this one!

After church, we had my family over for dinner so that we could celebrate with my mom. Nazar cooked and it was awesome. After all that, he cleaned up, and put the kids to bed. More brownie points!! All in all it was a perfect day. I felt so appreciated by Nazar and my boys and grateful to spend time with my mom. Every year I realize that more and more I am becoming like her in so many ways. I'm thankful that she has always been such an amazing role model for me.

8 comments:

The Cardenas Clan said...

Oh yeah! I am so glad you enjoyed it. Your mother's day seemed pretty darn amazing as well! We need to get the kids together soon!
Happy Mother's Day!

Barbra said...

Hi Deanne,
Your blog is so cute!!! I am glad you had a great Mother's Day!!! Have a great day!!!

Scott and Christie said...

That's so precious of your boys and husband to do all that for you! I admire the chocolate strawberries so much!! YUM!! I can't keep flowers alive for the life of me, at least with fruit flowers I can eat them and they go to a good cause=)

Amanda said...

I too love the fruit bouquets. Man I wish I had thought up that idea. It sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day with all your men!

Sheryl said...

The Kalayji boys arise to the occasion! I love it. Love this generation of listening, giving men. You only deserve the best!

Scott and Christie said...

I liked the book, I didn't think it was as great as the Twilight Series. I was thrown off by the "souls'" names. That just kind of made me skim through some parts. Overall I enjoyed it. I already put breaking dawn on reserve! I can't wait! I can't wait for the movie to come out either. Has your husband read the Twilight series? Scott doesn't get why I was so obsessed lol. I told him I was in love with Edward....so he questioned marrying me..but then I told him what Edward does and who he is so he would play a long and be my "Edward" it was cute.

{priscilla} said...

What a great Mother's Day you had! I love, love the fuit bouquet! My sister sent me one for Ezekiel's blessing since she couldn't make it and we devoured it all! How did Nazar learn to do all that good stuff? Gosh....I'm still training my hubby. You know, by putting everything you need to make the breakfast and dinner out on the counter so he knows exactaly what to cook and telling him to get me a corsage (sp?) to wear to church. I guess that's what happens when you marry a F.O.B like me! (fresh off the boat) :) What a great hubby you have!

Eve said...

Can you really ask for more? That sounds like the perfect Mother's Day, and the chocolate covered strawberries must've been just icing on the cake.

Way to go, Nazar!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!