Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting Old!

Now I realize that at 26 years old it is laughable for me to say this, but I feel old lately. I have a theory that every child you have ages you at least 5 years, (mentally and physically) so that would put me at just over 40! There are a few things making me feel this way. First of all Justin is starting Kindergarten in July, and I'm not sure why, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the idea. He's gone to preschool for the past year and a half, but for some reason kindergarten feels so much more official. I don't feel old enough to have a school age child, and I don't like that Justin's growing up so fast. The other thing that's aging me is that I've had a nasty headache for over a week now, and it's driving me up a wall. I feel like a little old lady with all the pain medicine I've been taking, and all the sleep I require. The pain is right behind my left eye, and it's constant and throbbing. I'd appreciate any tips if anyone has experience with this type of headache. I've been alternating prescription motrin, and tylenol every 3 hours, and that barely takes the edge off the pain. The last time I had this kind of headache was about 2 years ago when Dawson was 5 months old. I'm wondering if it could be something hormonal that happens 5 months after giving birth?! Has anyone else experienced this?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't help you out with the headache, although I hope you find a cure, but I know what you mean about feeling old. We're not old by any means, but the other day at institute, I was introduced to a girl who just moved into town. She is just 18 and during our conversation she revealed that I'm the same age as her uncle! I felt really old.

{priscilla} said...

I understand what you mean about the feeling old thing. This summer I'm turning 30! It's not old by any means but I have been saying that now I feel my age on my body. I did have the headaches too that feel more like a bomb going off in my head...I just had to take tylenol and try to lay down for a couple of minutes to help releave it. Good Luck!

Runnells said...

I get those all the time!!! They drive me insane.

What works for me is taking a hot wet wash cloth, folding it into a nice thick layer and just putting it over my eyes while relaxing in bed. Put your hands on the towel over your eyes every few minutes to apply pressure to your eyes.

There's something magical about it that works every time.

Hope it works for you. :)

Eve said...

I am sorry about the headache and that I don't have any advice on how to get rid of it. But I'm a little bit excited that by some theory I am younger than you. ;)

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!