Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Halloween

Wow, was I surprised to read the last entry on this blog! Someone's on a power trip!! No, what's really happening here is that Nazar and I decided that because of my lack of dedication to blogging, he would also add fun stories and pictures here, so that we could try to give you more than a bi-annual update on our family! Apparently he just forgot about the part about me still being involved!! (I love you sweetheart!)

Anyway, on to more exciting things. This year we had a great halloween. It was a day that had a lot of anticipation leading up to it. Back at the beginning of October the search for Justin's perfect costume began. Up until this year, I have always had free license over what the boys would be, and for some silly reason, I thought that this year would be no different! Well apparently 4 years old is the cutoff, because Justin had very strong opinions this year. I tried with all my might to convince him to be a punk rocker (I know that sounds a little unconventional, but if you could see the costume in my head, you'd understand!), but he resisted saying that he wanted to be Buzz. Well after many negotiations (I know, I'm a horrible mom for trying to convince my 4 year old to let me have my own way!) the final conversation that secured his halloween fate went something like this:

"Mommy, if you really want me to, I'll be a punk rocker"
Long Pause
"But in my heart, I just feel like I really want to be Buzz Lightyear."
Now, how can you argue with that?!? So here are his Buzz pictures, and I have to admit, he did make an adorable Buzz!





Dawson was a little bit easier to convince. He is completely in love with animals, especially the ones that make fun sounds, so all I had to do was talk to him about being a lion, and what sound a lion makes, and he was game. He did have a few issues with the hood at the beginning, but candy bribes worked wonders to get him to wear it!

So Halloween brought with it many activities this year. First was our ward trunk or treat which Justin and Nazar had a lot of fun at. (Dawson and I were not able to attend because Dawson had the flu) Then on Halloween we had a jam packed day. Dawson, Nazar and I had fun at Nazar's work party during the day (Justin was at school) where Dawson quickly learned that all he had to do was stalk Nazar's co-workers around the office with his pumpkin outstretched and they would reward him with endless amounts of candy! Our next stop was Justin's school where they put on a Halloween program which included all the kids singing songs. I must admit that I was a very proud mom as I watched Justin up there singing! Then we rounded out the night by going to our friends house for treats and then trick or treating. Justin loved it, Dawson had a meltdown after 15 minutes, and that ended the night! Whew what a day!



7 comments:

Callie said...

Those are great pictures! that is so funny he wanted to buzz lightyear at heart! how do they come up with the funniest sayings??? so funny! anyway good to talk to you the other day. And way to go Nazar, Shaun thinks blogging is totally girly, and barely even looks at ours. way to take initiative!!! Thats nice of you to want to be involved!

Eve said...

That Justin story is too much, what a sweet kid. I love the costumes and Nazar's "power trip", that is hilarious. I'm with Callie, very impressive that he wants to be involved.

DeAnne said...

I guess if I take a minute and think about it, blogging is kind of a girly thing to do. And I know that DeAnne does a way better job than I can ever think of doing. Nevertheless.. I will add my two and a half sence.. after all this is the Kalayji's blog right?

DeAnne said...

bytheway.. the last comment by "deanne" was really Nazar:)

Tonya said...

I tagged ya on my blog...play if you want!

great pics of the boys...don't you guys just love that camera...I just picked up a 50 mm lens...It is a must!

{priscilla} said...

Nazar! Your boys are so cute! They take after their mother :) I'm so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch! I can't believe it's been over 10 yrs since we've spoken to each other! Have you kept in touch with any one else? Hows your sister doing? Anyhow, keep in touch!

Nazar said...

My sister is doing good. She lives in Brea with her husband Ben and two little girls.

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!