Friday, November 16, 2007

Crazy Dream

As noted in the title, I had the craziest dream last night. I was in a low lit room with someone I didn't recognize. I don't remember what we were talking about but it had something to do with the devil. After a couple of seconds, he told me that he was in the room with us. I asked him where he was. He pointed to the other side of the room which was roughly 10 feet away. I got really scared because it was Satan and that I couldn't really see him. I asked him if he was still there and he said yes!

I don't know if it was because of all these years of going to the temple that made me unconsciously raise my hand to the square and commanded him to leave in the name of Jesus or just because I didn't know what else to do. I know that reading this doesn't make you scared, but in my dream, it really freaked me out. So anyway... As I started to do this, he slowly started to come after me. (I felt like Harry Potter in the first book when he saw He Who Must Not Be Named in the forest coming after him) I realized that although I was going through the motions, I doubted that what I was doing was really going to repel this monster that I couldn't really see! But after what seamed like an eternity, I mustered up the faith to believe in what I was saying. So I started to say it again and again each time getting louder and louder. I could feel my body shivering and trying desperately not fall apart. It felt so real and intense. After a couple of seconds, Satan finally withered away and left us alone.

After I woke up this morning, I got to thinking that I was really happy that I knew exactly what to do and didn’t hesitate in doing the right thing! I just wish that this experience was a true reflection of all of the actions in really life:)

2 comments:

{priscilla} said...

That's a pretty scary dream! Do you think it means anything deeper? My hubands culture believes dreams mean more and sometimes the opposite of what you dream...like if you dream of someone who has passed away, it means someone in the family is gonna have a baby?!Pretty weird!

Natalie Garces said...

Hey Deanne its natalie, amanda's sister!!! Just wanted to say hi and that is seriously a crazy dream you had. Your boys are way cute by the way.

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!