Thursday, September 4, 2008

I appreciate you!

I have been a big dork lately.
I have been married for almost eight years now and I still can't seem to get it right!
My biggest downfall has been not knowing how to
follow the wise counsel given in Abr. 5: 18
I guess I am beginning to understand that part of
becoming one is to fully understand your better half.
DeAnne has to continually remind me that I need to appreciate her more.
You would think that this would be extremely easy to do, but I still fall short.

This post is going to be my attempt to appreciate some of the things about DeAnne.
Let's see.....

Waking up in the middle of the night to take are of Chase/Dawson/Justin and letting me sleep in.
Waking up at the crack of dawn and getting all the kids ready for the day.
Feeding three hungry boys.
Walking/Driving Justin to Kinder.
Going to the gym.
Doing at least 3 loads of laundry and folding all the clothes.
Cleaning the house constantly.
Playing with Dawson to keep him entertained.
Picking up Justin from school.
Making lunch for everyone.
Fighting to put the boys down for naps.
Helping Justin with his homework.
Being a constant referee and making sure the kids don't kill themselves.
Comforting someone on the phone.
Preparing and making dinner.
Teaching all the boys how to be kind and give plenty of compliments to mommy.
Giving the boys their baths.
Reading bed time stories.
Tucking the kids in bed and saying prayers with them.
Spending the next hour reprimanding Dawson/Justin for getting out of bed.
Spending time with me and making me feel like the best thing since sliced bread.
Having a million and one talents that are still being discovered daily.
Being able to melt my heart with just a smile.
Keeping our family moving in the right direction.
Being spiritually in-tune.
Having legs that go on forever.
Helping me understand my true potential.
Always challenging me to be better in every way.
Making me laugh until both our faces get stuck.
Kicking my bottom at any board game we play.
Reading a book a week(sometimes two).
Making yummy deserts for us to share and eat.
Keeping me accountable.
Willing to stay home with our kids and being an amazing example for them.
Making life fun.
I know that this list is not complete, but I just wanted to take a minute and publicly appreciate you.
I love you,
Your hubby!

4 comments:

DeAnne said...

Thanks babe. You made me cry, and that made my day! I love you.

Mike said...

I have to say that DeAnne learned a great deal from her mom. She learned almost everything your described from the example her mother set for her all of her life. (minus the legs). Dad

Sheryl said...

You two are perfect together! I saw that from the first time I met you! It is wonderful to see the adoration continues to grow. Isn't marriage the best when both of you put all you have into the happiness of the other! You are an example for us all!

Joanna said...

Awww...that was very sweet. Is he ready to teach the other husbands a class on being mushy and sweet? He did a great job!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!