Tuesday, August 19, 2008

5 Years

Justin turned 5 years old on Sunday. I can't believe how fast the time is going. I remember so clearly being pregnant with him, and holding him as a newborn. When I look at him now, it's hard to believe that he's the same person from those memories. He has grown into an incredibly sweet, loving, sensitive little boy. For the past 6 months I kept telling him that I wanted him to stay 4 years old forever. He told me that he couldn't, but the he would stop at 6 years old! If only he could. Well enough of my sentiments, I thought I would take you through Sunday morning. In true Justin fashion, the story is sure to amuse!

So I hear him wake up in his room and exclaim "It's my birthday today!" He then runs into my room and after my birthday wishes to him, he immediately says "look at how tall I am!" (He is under the impression that you only grow on your birthday, and that he was suddenly 6 inches taller from the day before!) He spent the rest of the morning measuring himself against things. Like he would walk by the table and say, "yesterday I only came up to here, and now I come up to here!(raising his hand a foot higher) Now for the next part of our day you need a littl backround info. Maybe about 2 years ago, Nazar made me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. Justin thought that was the coolest thing, and has since insisted that for every Mother's Day and Father's Day we make breakfast in bed for the parent we're honoring. Well months ago he requested that for his birthday I make him breakfast in bed. I tried to tell him that I would, but he would have to stay in bed long enough for me to do that. He assured me that he would just go back and get into bed when breakfast was ready! He even had the menu planned out, french toast. So after presents (he insisted that that was the first event of the morning), he went and got into my bed (his bed just wounldn't cut it for him) and waited paitiently for breakfast. I do my thing and bring him up his french toast and a smoothie on a tray. He looks at it and says,

"Um Mom you forgot something."
Me "What did I forget Justin?"
J "you forgot to put whipped cream on my french toast, and it's my birthday, so I get whipped cream"
Me "okay Justin I'll be right back"

So I come back with whipped cream and put some on his french toast. Then he says,

"you forgot something else mom"
me "what else did I forget?"
J "well you know how daddy put a flower in a cup for you when he made you breakfast in bed? You forgot my flower"
Me: "How about I give you a flower next time?"
J: "no, I need a flower right now"
Me: "Okay I'll get you a flower."

I run outside and fine a flower, and then I stick it in an empty baby food jar and bring it up to him.

J: "Mom that's not a cup, that's a baby food jar"
Me: "It's fine Justin"
J: "okay"
half a second later

J "I'm done, take it away servant!"

He even did a dismissive arm wave when he said it! I almost died laughing! Where does he come up with these things?! The rest of the day was fun (not as funny as the morning, but still fun) After church we celebrated with Nazar's family, and tonight we will celebrate with my family. Overall, a great birthday! I look forward to what the next year will bring from my spunky little 5 year old.

9 comments:

Nazar said...

I don’t' know if DeAnne wanted to keep this post to "G" rated, but Justin also got a professional belly dancer to dance for him on his birthday! He couldn't keep his little eyes off her the whole time! Fun time fun times..:)

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Justin!! 5 is a fun age, well for them, it's also a great age for them to learn how to talk back:) Glad you can see now- you still looked beautiful as always even with glasses. Let's get together soon and let the boys play.

Callie said...

That is hilarious!!! i cant believe how fast they grow up!!

Sheryl said...

Oh, where is that little guy who used to run you ragged around the Norco building when he was 2? He is such a doll! Charming as his mom and dad! Watch out! Any girls chasing him around the playground yet?

Jaime said...

So stinkin cute....Happy Birthday Justin!!

Unknown said...

I love that he wanted a flower!
How fun!
Happy Birthday Justin!

Eve said...

Wren says happy late birthday to her birthday buddy!

The servant comment had me cracking up.

Chris said...

We had a belly dancer dance for Lenore once. She has never been more captivated. So Vicky says, I wasn't paying attention to the baby.

Congrats on the big kid.

maren said...

Hi Deanne! How sweet of you to give him breakfast in bed! Ummm...so how does he know to be so demanding?? Must be Nazar, for sure. My girls get it from Barry also...men...:)

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!