Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Guess who turned 30?!

I'll give you a hint, it's not me! I've got years before that milestone! Yep it's Nazar. Although he will not legally be recognized as being 30 until November 9,(it's a long story) in reality he turned 30 years old on Sunday. Now while some people have a hard time with this age, Nazar has been looking forward to leaving his twenties behind for some time now, he's also thrilled about the gray hair that he is steadily aquiering, so obviously he does not follow the norm in this area! To celebrate the occasion Nazar and I (just him and I, no kids) spent the weekend in Costa Mesa. We stayed at a great hotel right across from South Coast Plaza and had an amazing time shopping, eating, and just hanging out. Some of the highlights were going to the temple, eating sushi (did you know that not all sushi has raw fish?!), shopping until I was literally about to drop, touring the Queen Mary, and going to a murder mystery dinner show. We had so much fun, I especially liked the murder mystery dinner. I laughed so hard I cried which I wasn't expecting to do at such an event, but I highly recommend it. It's called the dinner detective, and I would put a link to it, but I still don't know how, so you can google it if you're interested. Overall it was fabulous weekend, and I want to give a big huge thank you to my mom for taking my busy busy kids so that we could do it, (and also my dad and Andrea I know you guys helped too), I know they are a LOT of work and I really appreciate you being willing to take on the challenge. And thank you Nazar for spending your 30th birthday with me. I had an amazing time and I'm glad that it doesn't bother you that you are soooooooo much older than me now! (sorry, silly private joke between us.)

2 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Happy Birthday to Nazar! Glad he's got a great attitude in taking on the day instead of dreading it. Makes me think of a great comment I heard a girl make, "I'm not turning 30, I'm DOING 30".

Sheryl said...

30 Looks good on Nazar! Thats why he is okay with it! Handsome, succesful, GORGEOUS WIFE, adorable kids, how could he not love live!!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!