Monday, September 15, 2008

30 is the new 20!

I have never felt so alive and excited as I continue on this journey we call life. As DeAnne mentioned, I've been waiting for what seems like forever to finally be out of my 20's. I wanted to share a couple of my thoughts today about what I have been feeling and thinking.

One thing that continues to astound me is how much love and patience our Heavenly Father has for me. You're going to be shocked but, after 30 long years, I still make mistakes. You'd think that after all these years, I would have perfected this earthly state. But the great news is that I can still wake up everyday and start over. He knows who I am and that I want to be like Him. When I fall, he picks me up and tells me to try again.

I have been trying to be more grounded lately. I feel like the last couple of years, I've been drifting back and forth. I have been trying to read more self-help books and learn from people that are a lot wiser than I am.

The underlining message that I have been able to pick up on is that we need to control our minds. We need to have a positive mindset. Now simply what this means to me is that I need to continuously foster good thoughts. What I mean by "good" is being able to look at the glass as being half full all the time.

A quote that I think is so true is "we become what are are thinking about 95% of the time"
I believe this quote to be true, because if we are constantly thinking of negative things, we become negative and depressed.

I seemed to have gone on a tangent. I guess What I am trying to say is that I am grateful for the opportunity to be alive and healthy. I hope that I can better understand how to continually better myself.

They say that you are in our prime in your 20's. I think that my prime has just started:)

2 comments:

Scott and Christie said...

Hey DeAnne I was interested in the murder mystery dinner at the queen Mary, do you have any more details? If so my e-mail is
dancnqt43@aol.com k thanks!

{priscilla} said...

Happy Late...er..Early Birthday? Now I feel old don't you? One of my last trips to whittier I was driving down cole towards the stake center from my parents house (by la serna) and I saw a for-sale sign on someone's yard and who's full body shot did I see on that sign? It was YOU! I said 'Oh my gosh, that's my friend!' My kids were like 'where?' It was pretty funny! Hope you had/have a great birthday. I'd like to hear the long story about your birthday date sometime. Anyhow, take care!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!