Saturday, July 12, 2008

My first tag

After a couple of years of blogging, this is the first tag that I've ever done! I was tagged by Cheryl who is one of the most amazing women I know, so I just couldn't let her down!

The tag is to simply mention 6 things about yourself so here goes.

1. I HATE feet. I always have. I can't stand anyone touching me with their feet. Even with socks on. I'm just completely grossed out by the thought of something that is always on dirty floors or in stinky shoes touching me. Just ask Nazar. I can be dead asleep, and he'll accidentally brush me with his foot, and I will karate chop him until he moves it. The weird thing is that I make an exception for baby feet. I love Chases's little chubby feet, and will kiss them all over, even Dawson's feet are okay to touch me (I've stopped kissing them a while ago) but Justin's feet are already gross to me. I don't know when it happens, but apparently I have an age limit on feet that are allowed to touch me!

2. I was such a girly girl growing up. I was a cheerleader, I was a competitive gymnast (until I grew 6" in one summer) I was on the dance team in high school. I loved all things pink and sparkly. I grew up with 3 sisters (I have a brother also, but he's the oldest and was practically out of the house by the time I can remember) You can imagine how I feel a bit lost as to what to do with all these boys. I constantly worry that I am going to raise a bunch of wussy boys because I don't know how to teach them manly things!

3. As a small child I was painfully sensitive. I would cry at the drop of a hat. In preschool and kindergarten I would cry if my mom was not the very first mom to be there for pick ups. I would cry if a teacher told me I made a letter backwards. I would cry if a worker in a grocery store told me to stop touching something. I was even held back a year in school because I wasn't emotionally ready for it. Even after an extra year in preschool, I used to get unsatisfactory marks on my report cards for self control. Luckily in 3rd grade my mom homeschooled me, and apparently the isolation of being homeschooled drove me out of my shell and toughened me up because when she put me back in school the next year she would hear from my teachers how I was a good student, but I would never stop talking!

4. I love to sew. I took sewing in high school, but didn't really pick it back up again until after I had Justin. I love mixing and matching fabric and turning it into something cute and fun. For me it is my creative release. It's just for me, I have a whole room of my house just for this purpose, and the boys are strictly forbidden from entering.

5. I am a terrible housekeeper. With my kids around, it is virtually impossible to clean the house during their waking hours, and when they're asleep, it seems like such a waste to use my precious free time to do something so mundane. So for the most part I just don't clean. I try to keep the house reasonably picked up (sometimes I fail miserably even at that) but as for actualy cleaning, it rarely happens around here!

6. Fountains and shallow pools of water creep me out. I hesitated even writing this, because I know it makes me sound crazy, but they really do. I don't know what it is about them, but fountains, especially larger ones make me uncomfortable. Now I'm not so afraid of them that I won't go near them, but I just have an unsettled feeling when I'm around them. For example I'm not too crazy about the reflection pool in front of the LA temple, or for anyone from La Mirada, those creepy pools and waterfalls in front of the library are the worst. Now I have no problem with swimming pools, or even lakes, but for some reason fountains set me on edge. Weird. I know.

So that's me. Now I will tag 6 people. Marcy, Jaime, Cheryl Gardner, Christie, Amanda, and Callie I want to find out some fun and weird things about you guys!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

7 comments:

Sheryl said...

Love, love, love learning more about you... You are sooo adorable. It is fun to see how quirky we can be...(my clausto business), and no one sees that side of us very often. You are still a beautiful girly girl, and are doing fabulously at letting your boys be boys. Thanks for taking the time!

Callie said...

so funny! i knew the feet thing and probablly put my feet on ou just to bug you...I can see me doing that. but the fountain thing.. i will see what i can come up with give me a day or 2 :)

Nate said...

I laughed out loud at your description of karate chopping nazzar to move his feet. You are so funny - way to go on posting recently, are you getting more motivated?!

Callie said...

ok mine is up! that is a tough tag!

The Twelves said...

Mine is up too! You might find it interesting, DeAnne...

Amanda said...

Cheryl was telling me about your diaper bags on etsy? How do I find them?

Eve said...

Alison and I were trying to figure out how our moms traded off preschool days with us, I did not realize they held you back after starting you. It makes sense now.

You need to advertise your etsy shop on your blog for sure! I want to see! I keep making stuff for my own shop (not bags, just random baby stuff) but I still haven't bit the bullet yet.

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!