Saturday, July 26, 2008

Growing Up


We've been super busy around here lately. The boys have been reaching some new milestones that I thought I would share with everyone.

Justin just finished his 3rd week of kindergarten, and by now he's a pro. Actually, he loved it from day one. It was me that had to get used to it. It was hard to leave him there those first couple of days. But he loves it, and is learning so much. He seems so grown up to me when he walks into school every morning with his Thomas backpack on!

Dawson has decided he is way too cool to wear diapers anymore. This has been an argument between him and me for several months now, but we have finally reached a compromise. He doesn't have to wear a diaper as long as we're at home, (and awake), but he wears one when we go out. Now I'm guessing that some of you are thinking that I'm crazy trying to keep him in diapers longer, but I'm just not ready to deal with potty training right now. For those first few months they have to use the restroom literally every 5 minutes, and it gets so crazy trying to herd 3 boys into a public restroom 4 times during one trip to the store. So for now, he's doing great at home, and maybe he can convince me that he's ready for the next step soon!

As for Chase, he's probably grown the most since I last blogged about him. He just had his 6 month checkup (at 7.5 months!) and he was one ounce shy of 20 pounds. According to his doctor, that puts him in the 50th percentile, but I'm really not buying that because it does not seem possible that 50% of babies can be bigger than Chase. Have you seen his thighs?!? He is still as cute as ever, but I'm sad to say that he is mobile now. He started rolling, scooting, and sliding around weeks ago, but as of 2 days ago, he is officially crawling. Watching him master his new skills makes me so proud, but still sad, and a little apprehensive. I know that it's almost guaranteed that babies will learn to crawl, but when my own baby does it, it seem so amazing to me! As silly as it is, I secretly think that Chase is a genius for figuring out this skill! It does make me sad though that he is growing up so fast, and that soon he won't be a baby anymore. The apprehension comes from the thought of him walking in a few months. I'm terrified for that milestone because then I will really know what it is to have 3 kids. Up until now, Chase has just been along for the ride, but very soon, he will be up and running, and I will have 3 very busy boys to keep track of.

Well those are the headlines for now. I have a million things I could blog about, but my days have been so amazingly crazy, that I'm lucky to just get these basics written down!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! The boys are so darn cute! I love the pictures! And I think that not only is Chase a genius, but so are Justin and Dawson!

Sheryl said...

OH those BOYS!! Hey, you could potty train while you are being an optical hermit!!

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!