Wednesday, January 9, 2008























These pictures were taken on Tuesday. We went on our annual day trip to Big Bear. We knew that there had to be tons of snow since it had been raining down here. We didn't realize that they would still make us put chains to go all the way up. Since we were ill equipped, we decided to just find a hill off one of the main roads and go sledding for a bit. After what seamed like eternity, we found a place you can pay to play. The place was not that crowded and we had tons of fun (well, with the exception of Mr. Dawson) He didn't like the snow last year and not much changed this year. However, with some sneaky bribing from his mom(you can get Dawson to do just about anything with some candy:) he was tolerant. After we were done, we got some food from this hole-in-the-wall. They charged us $4.50 for 5(Costco purchased) imitation chicken dinosaurs and some ghetto fries. An editor's note.. When there is a sign on the window of a restaurant that says C it does not stand for Cool or Clean.
All in all, we had a great time and we have plans on going next year!
PS. The big mustard yellow blob that deAnne has attached to her is Chase. He loved it!!




5 comments:

Kim L. said...

WOW! You are super woman...I can't imagine pulling off a snow day with a newborn! GOOD JOB!

{priscilla} said...

I can't believe you guys took your newborn out in the snow!!! My little guy was born the 1st of Oct. and I still don't take him out! Looks like fun though! Hmmm, that's probably why I get cabin fever so often...

Amanda said...

You all look like you had a great time! I can't believe how much snow there was. My family used to go to the mountains each year when I was a kid and we'd go sledding. It was always the best time. Your kids will have great memories of this!

The Cardenas Clan said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I haven't braved to take the girls to the snow, especially because they are sick with bad colds right now!

Eve said...

A. You guys are brave.
B. I might take offense to the blanket I made being called mustardy and blobbish, but next to DeAnne's ketchup-red sweatshirt, that really is what comes to mind.

:)

Just Me And The Boys

With the addition of our second son Dawson to our family last year, I'm completely outnumbered. At times it seem like life is just one big noisy, dirty, wrestling match! But really I couldn't be more happy! Justin and Dawson are so much fun (most of the time!) It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop. In an attempt to share our stories and pictures with those of you who are interested, I'm starting my first blog. My plan is to keep you updated on what's going on in our lives, but I reserve the right to slack off every now and then! After all I do have a 3 year old and a 1 year old!